Pages

 photo Picture63_zps6e60ad02.png photo Picture64_zps2d83d85a.png photo Picture65_zps99f3a2da.png

Monday, August 4, 2014

Phonics Favorites

Well, hello again!!


This summer break has been absolutely fantastic - I must say teaching is one of the best jobs ever!! I am someone who often becomes consumed by my hobbies - I mean, why stop when it's just so much fun?!  Well, teaching is definitely one of my hobbies, in addition to traveling, spending time with friends and family, etc.  Summer is another constant reminder about how fantastic this profession is! Summertime allows me time to balance & really enjoy all of the things I love.  I hope that all of you have been able to enjoy your time this summer too!!



I cannot believe that it is already AUGUST and soon we will be meeting our new group of fantastic students!!



I cannot wait!!



We recently got an e-mail saying that we could go back into our classrooms and I cannot wait to get in there later this week! But until I do and am able to share pictures, I thought I would share my one of my favorite phonics activities... my phonics interactive notebook!! 


 http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Short-Vowels-Word-Work-1336448
When I teach phonics, I start out the lesson with a story (my students & I LOVE secret stories), followed by an craftivity (for example, when teaching the short a sound my students create an apple tree and then write short a words on the apples).  Each morning for the rest of the week, my students complete activities in their phonics interactive notebook that correspond to the phonics rule that we are focusing on for the week.
 http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Short-Vowels-Word-Work-1336448

Lucky for you, my Phonics Interactive Notebook is on sale today in my brand-spankin'-new little store here


Have a great evening!




No comments:

Post a Comment