Pages

 photo Picture63_zps6e60ad02.png photo Picture64_zps2d83d85a.png photo Picture65_zps99f3a2da.png

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Weekend News!

Happy Sunday! 

Is it just me or do these weekends FLY by??

I thought I would share one of my FAVORITE ways to kick off the week with my group of Firsties...

Weekend News!



I just love this time when my students practice writing about what they did over the weekend and then each child shares with the class what they wrote.

Here is how it works: when the students come in on Monday morning, they spend the first 15-20 minutes (with morning announcements at some point during that time) writing in their "Weekend News Journal" all about their weekend news.  Then the students all come to the carpet and we take turns sharing what they each did during the weekend.  

Tip: I have the students write the date at the top of the page that they start their weekend news on. This helps with organization. 

Not only do I love that the students come in every Monday and get straight to work, I love that I we do this writing in our journals which means weekly prep is not needed! 

Here's to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment