Today was our 3rd week of learning all about France!
Last week, we talked about the French flag, made connections with it's similarities and differences to our American flag, and created our own French flag!
Today, we talked about where France is like on a map and what it looks like. We then used oil pastels and decorated a template of France. The only directions I gave were to decorate it and boy, the students were SO CREATIVE! Some took what they knew about the France flag and colored their template to look like the France flag. Others thought about the fact that France is known for flowers and they drew flowers.
I loved this activity because of the connections they made to the things that they previously learned about France and their creativity really shined.
We also have been learning new French words and sayings each week. They are LOVING these new sayings. So far we have covered...
- Bonjour - Hello
- Je m'appelle - My name is
- J'adore - I love
- Je voudrais - I would like
- Au revoir - good bye
- L'eau - water

No comments:
Post a Comment