Well, it is officially August and time to start prepping the room for my next group of firsties.
I've got to say, I love the feeling of walking back into the classroom after summer break.
I thought I'd start out the year by sharing a peek at my classroom.
The back carpet area (where I do read alouds and any lesson that I just need a white board and no projector). In the cubbies (which tomorrow will have a sticker inside with each student's name on it) the students put anything that they need to take home.
We will also put our trains that remind us of perseverance throughout the year on the clothespin lines.
Bathroom/sink area and our book cart that houses all of our leveled books. I updated the stickers in front of the leveled books but was out of the light blue stickers (so sad) so I was unable to do those bins - the OCD part of me is just dying for those stickers to get delivered!
Classroom library
Work on writing area. On the clips above the windows, I put the students work.
The front of the classroom where my small group table is. As well as my students FAVORITE part - the basketball hoop. We use this hoop for a fun behavior tool called a Shoot Out on Fridays.
This is where I put our anchor charts and our word wall (just need to put up the letters!). Also, on the balloons in the background - I have laminated them & use a dry erase marker to write each child's birthday on the month that corresponds.
Updated: Letters are up and I am loving them!
Now, off to start prepping for Parent Night and Meet The Teacher!




No comments:
Post a Comment