Back to School is such a busy time of the year. With organizing your classroom, to prepping for Open House and Meet The Teacher, to getting everything ready for the First Day it is quite the marathon.
First Up...
As I greet the parents at the door, they come in and find a file folder that has their child's name on in it.
While the parents are waiting for everyone to make it to the classroom, they begin filling out the information within the file folder (it has the student's first & last name).
Once everyone has entered the classroom, I get their attention and share with the parents about myself (experience, etc), about our daily classroom routine, more specifics about homework, highlight what the papers are in the file folder, etc.
Once I have finished, I ask the parents to please fill out the Student Information Sheet, Letter to Their Child, and to stop by the 3 stations (All About Me sign up, Volunteer sign up, and Wish List) before they leave.
Next...
This is literally my FAVORITE day before school "officially" starts. I always have the same sentiment as I did during sorority recruitment of the moments right before opening the doors and excitedly shouting "WE'RE SO GLAD YOU'RE FINALLY HERE!!!!" Each year, I am literally so excited about the group of firsties who are finally here. :)
During this morning, I greet the students at the door and hand them a checklist of fun things to do with their guardian during this time.
For the bedtime reading, I hand them a letter about myself with letters from my previous Firsties about what First Grade is like stapled behind. They absolutely LOVE it!
How do you do your information night(s)?
Before we know it...it will be the First Day!






No comments:
Post a Comment